We Are the World 🌎 35 Years Later

On Saturday afternoon I watched the “We Are the World” video.

It debuted 35 years ago.

I loved it when it came out. I was only 20 then...

...and I really enjoyed it on Saturday.

It was great to see all of those musicians gathered and especially cool to see them as younger men and women.

Bruce was the highlight for me then and now...

...he belted out his lines, singing backup for Stevie Wonder, and then nailing his main lines.

But after watching it...

...I grew a little sad.

“We Are the World” was a song to raise money for the starving people in Africa.

I’m afraid to think what might happen now if all those artists got together and tried to do something similar now.

Trump would call them scumbags.

People would boycott them and send out hate tweets and posts because:

“We have starving people here!”

And the beauty of the moment would be gone.

“We are the world. We are the children. We are saving our own lives. We can make a brighter day, so let’s start giving.”

Yeah.

That’s garbage.

Bunch of spoiled Hollywood elites...

...why don’t they give up their millions?

(I’m being sarcastic in the last few sentences).

It was a beautiful thought and a beautiful song in a day gone by when it seemed that America was a little great...

...and Bruce crushed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie