A Beautiful Day

It was crazy weird.

I’d listened to the news on the way to a job about twenty minutes away.

They were talking about closing restaurants, bars and all other places where people like to gather.

Then I arrived.

Took out my hard hat, and eye protection and walked down the road.

Birds were chirping.

The sun was shining.

And I felt a certain peace because there was none of the outside noise getting through. For a few minutes, I forgot about all of it.

Just another day.

Because all that really matters, right now, is that we are healthy at Camp Clifford, and we would like to stay that way.

The first guy I saw was bitching.

“This is all a media creation,” he said.

“Really?” I asked. “You really think that?”

“They don’t want Trump to win.”

I actually laughed.

“You don’t think they hate him?” He asked.

“Of course they hate him,” I said, “but how did they get every other country to go along with this? They talked people from China and Italy to die...to trip up Donny T?”

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” he said.

I laughed again.

“And now Trump is in on it?”

“How’s he in on it?”

“He just declared a national emergency. Why would he do that if it is just a hoax?”

That kind of stopped the guy in his tracks a little.

I wasn’t done with him.

“If it doesn’t make sense when you think it through it probably isn’t true.”

He gave me a two-word answer.

The second word was ‘you’.

The first word wasn’t ‘thank’.

Then I headed out...

...back into the sunshine.

Back to the chirping birds and back to the news station.

I turned it off.

Bruce was singing ‘Prove it All Night.’

What a beautiful day...

...for a pandemic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie