Let Me Up...

...I’ve had enough!

I always think of the Tom Petty song when that phrase pops into my head and I also thinking of my brother kneeling on my chest, playfully slapping me.

“Let me up! Mom!!”

That’s what this week feels like.

The virus and the constant anxiety that comes with knowing that it’s been absolutely bungled.

The stock market going in the tank and the bailout in the form of more than a trillion to keep the rich rich...

...as those of us here in the valley wonder if we are equipped to stay alive if the worst of it all happens...

...and all people can think to do is stock up on freaking toilet paper.

Let me up!

There will be no sports for quite some time.

People are keeping a distance.

No one knows what might happen and my least favorite of all the people are the ones who are acting tough and saying things like:

“This is made up by the Democrats because they’re scared of losing to Donny T. again.”

That would be a hell of a trick, first of all...

...getting the Chinese people, the Italian people, and South Koreans and Australians and everyone around the globe to play sick or dead...

...to stack the election!

How dumb is that thought?

Secondly, it MIGHT be bad. Chances are a lot of people will get pretty sick.

That’s an act?

We do know that it is going to truly disrupt our lives.

It has already.

The economic costs will be ungodly.

The elderly, the poor and the sick...

...will suffer.

So, bungling this is not an option.

But here’s the kicker.

It is being reported that the administration had a chance to test people beginning in January but they deferred because one guy (a big orange dude) didn’t want high numbers!

The high numbers being positive tests...

...and deaths!

Some people will die because of that decision.

That’s not forgivable from a leader...

...is it?

Let us up!

We’ve had enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie