Something Else

I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

I’ve lived my entire life trying to make sure that I have a plan for the coming day, and I’m all screwed up with this thing.

I don’t know if things will be changed. I have to be ready for virtually anything, I guess.

Therefore, let’s talk about something else.

The sauce was really good yesterday and the meatballs were about perfect.

We watched the latest episode of Homeland and then Kathy decided that we were going to go back in time and she put on the 1990’s Claire Danes series, ‘My So Called Life.’

I laughed when I saw the opening scene because my baby, Claire, was so young!!

Here’s the thing:

I remember being sick for a couple of days back when the series came alive in the 90’s. I binge-watched it on MTV before binge-watching was a thing...

...and it was such a ‘girlie’ show that I didn’t tell anyone (except my brother, Jeff) that I was watching it.

He made fun of me.

But it was a great show...and it holds up!

Here’s the thing:

Claire Danes was born to be an actress. In Homeland we raved about how amazingly expressive her face is when she’s happy - her entire face smiles - and how she can cry at the drop of a hat.

I watched for it in the old show...

...and it was there.

When she’s nervous her face is a mask of worry.

When she’s happy...

...she can make me smile.

That’s her job.

Making the make believe real.

I famously tried acting in college - I gained some respect for the entire craft (even those the creative types are unbelievably odd!)

I have always enjoyed watching talented people do their thing and Claire Danes is exceptional.

There you go.

We talked about something other than the virus.

Only a few more months of distraction left, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie