“Sorry for the Inconvenience”

Monday was like a movie.

Not a comedy, either.

I woke at 3:45, believing that I had to be at the airport by 5:00 for a 6:00 flight.

I got through security and arrived at a empty gate at 5:09. Checked the board. Boarding at 6:40. Departing at 7:00.

“What?” I had read the itinerary wrong. “Idiot!”

I read the paper and moved on to a book. Then it dawned on me. It was 6:50 and no one was boarding. I saw the guy grab the microphone.

“We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but we are having a computer problem on your plane. We will update you again at 7:30.”

At 7:30 he said, “Sorry for the inconvenience. I have nothing else to tell you. We will try to update you again at 8:00.”

At 9:00, I went to where he was standing. He pretended he couldn’t see me!

At 10:00, “Sorry for the inconvenience but we ain’t leaving anytime soon. We have a part arriving from NYC to fix this plane. This flight is canceled and rescheduled for 1:30.”

The beat news is that we all had to get in line to rebook. I rebooked and then I booked. I went to a couple of Buffalo sites and scarfed a sandwich and headed back. I was going to make it just ten minutes before the doors closed!

Except the doors didn’t close until 4:00! They played the delay game from 1:30 to 4:00. Of course, they were sorry for the inconvenience!

Yet, what it did was make me have to do two days work in Boston in one day. To top it off, once I landed in Boston I had to drive 120 miles to the hotel.

Asleep by 9:30. Up at 5:00. 5 sites. 500 driving miles and back to the airport. Arrived at home at 9 pm on Tuesday night.

“Bet you’re glad that part of the week is over,” Kathy said.

Yet...

...it’s really not because originally I had planned to be home by 4 pm on Tuesday so I scheduled a 6:30 am start on Wednesday.

“Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Bastards.

They didn’t even give me my bag of cheese-its.

Cause my eyes were closed.

Probably got the virus on top of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie