Backgammon, Planned Meals, Fear & Stupidity

Back in college I played a series of backgammon against my buddy, Gag.

We played every single day.

I lost the series on the very last day...

...as my Mom stood there and watched me lose.

So, two days into the weekend, I broke out the backgammon board and decreed that we would be playing 5 games a night using the betting dice.

As I write this, I currently have a 13 to 12 lead after losing a 6-point game by 1 chip.

I’m still heading out to jobs and have had a pretty steady flow of calls, but I’ve yet to work the usual 10-12 hours a day so I have time to plan and make dinners.

I even cut up a pineapple today.

More fruit!

Yet, each morning, it hits me.

“What a mess.”

The number of cases.

The faces of the dead.

Haunting my thoughts.

And the message of the day..

...was tinged with absolute stupidity.

An all caps tweet in the middle of the night set the tone:

Trump and his team have run the numbers and the whole social distancing thing that 2 days ago was crucial...

...won’t be necessary anymore.

Because...

...money.

Now, I’m no longer quite sure that we will make it out of this okay.

The doctor was not at the Monday briefing...

...because he’s not a fan of the plan to not social distance.

Turns out the good doc is also against trying malaria drugs without a trial.

Trump disagrees because he has a ‘good feeling’ about mixing medications.

People are dying.

What is the acceptable number of deaths?

10,000?

100,000??

A million???

He’s back to comparing the numbers to the flu.

We

Might

Be

Screwed.

But I’m winning the backgammon series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie