Happy Birthday, Chimp

My brother Jim has taken over as the family chef.

Now that Trump has declared the virus over on Easter, cause it’s “beautiful” we can all leave the packed church during a pandemic and have our final meal at Jim’s place.

Come on by...

...he cooks enough for 100 when 8 people are showing up.

And today is Jim’s birthday...

...like Kathy he will be pretty much confined for the celebration.

This is certainly a weird time to celebrate.

Yet, I’m looking forward to the long talk we’ll have because like all of my siblings, Jim can make me laugh.

There’s no doubt that Jim is the son who was most like Dad...

...a tad off!

And as Jim grew, he was always right on top of Dad. A chip off the old block was a saying that was started for Jim and Dad.

We called Jim a lot of names (we all had a bunch of nicknames).

Chimp, Pet (he was on Dad like a loyal pet), booger (Dad said, ‘this kid is like a booger on my finger’)

You get the idea.

But here’s the thing...

...Jim was also like a sponge.

He does the same sort of work that Dad did.

He amazes me on how he can see a project done while they’re still doing the footers. He can solve most of my around the house problems over the phone.

And like Dad, he’s done a lot to make sure the Italian traditions are alive and well.

“We’re gonna’ make some sausage,” he said the other day. “You in?”

Yeah.

I’m in.

Happy Birthday, brother.

Thanks for the help, the laughs and for feeding us.

We love you, pet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie