Mom & Ollie


 Ollie Stadium is a mess.

The heavy rains rendered the backyard a mud pit and even though we threw in the side yard, the Big O was looking for more, and we were both covered in mud.

I had to take some steam out of him somehow so I suggested we go visit Grandma.

Ollie hates the car, but he laid quietly as we made the trip. We even brought the football because there is plenty of room to play at Grandma’s.

Mom opened the door and started laughing. I thought about the love she had for every single dog we ever had.

Oliver was quick to give my Mom a kiss, and then he stood beside her.

The love between Mom and Dogs is a mutual bond. Through the years, Mom would make breakfast for the dogs. 

Fried eggs, toast, bacon…

She would wrap Christmas gifts for them.

“To Jeter, Love Santa,” she would write on the cards.

They played with the big chicken that made a lot of noise. Mom tossed the football and Ollie brought it back to her.

As the visit drew to a close I headed for the door. 

“C’mon, Oliver,” I said.

He didn’t come.

Now, this is a dog who follows me from room to room, and often drives me crazy because he sits and stares at me.

I headed back in.

He was sitting beside Mom’s chair.

“He wants to stay.”

Looks like I’m going to be bringing a friend with me as I make the trip out.

Moms and dogs…

…God’s greatest creations.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A dog whisperer you mom is!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave