All that Heaven Will Allow

Caught up with an old friend yesterday. We sent a series of texts, just catching up a little.

It made me smile.

My job was still going last week, but it felt weird. Like 75% of the usual calls, which made it a normal work week instead of 60 hours plus.

I was able to plan and make dinner. I put together a turkey dinner for Kathy’s birthday, made linguini and clams on Wednesday and then a chuck roast with amazing gravy on Thursday.

The boys were around, of course, and we talked some football and all about the virus. We weren’t fearful, but we covered a lot of ground.

It’s always better when we have the time to just chat, and make each other laugh.

My sister sent out a thread that included only the siblings. We all entertained one another for quite awhile.

I checked on my writing notes and put new pages down.

Watched a few movies.

The dogs are happy that we are all here.

The thing is, it seems a little like a huge timeout.

It’s a scary time out, but it’s pretty much across the board, and I have some hope that perhaps some changes can be made.

I have hope that we figure out that the service people do serious work, and that our healthcare workers have long been under-appreciated and grossly poorly compensated...

...it takes special people to care for strangers.

There’s an awful lot of garbage out in the world that isn’t worthy of our time.

But as the day moved along yesterday I saw quite a bit of the same old back-biting between the two political camps.

For some reason I believed that the pandemic wouldn’t be a partisan issue but our “leaders” don’t seem very interested in handling this in a united manner...

...therefore, most everyone is checking into their camp, digging their heels in and looking for blame.

Blame is a waste of time.

Fear and worry don’t solve anything.

Just sitting on our asses...

...enjoying what we can.

Right now this is all the heaven we got, right here where we are.

So, take a breath.

Wash your hands.

Be safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie