Still Mine

We chased down a movie...

...kinda’ by accident on Friday evening.

“Still Mine” starring the great actor James Cromwell.

I enjoyed every single minute of it about an old guy, his ailing wife and his desire to still take care of her.

The couple is in their late 80’s.

They own a lot of land and have a lot of money.

When the wife can’t manage stairs anymore, he decides that he’s going to build a new home across the street.

The dialogue is great.

The acting is even better.

Not too many times when I’ve watched a movie and anticipated every single line.

The thing about it is that it’s achingly beautiful about aging, dying and never giving up.

It’s the kind of story that I wish I would’ve written, and I don’t see a whole lot of things anymore where I can’t guess the direction of the plot.

“This is okay, right?” Kathy asked about halfway through.

“It’s amazing.”

And the thing about it is that every single time the main character gets some hard news he says, ‘Fair Enough.’

It’s a movie about a life well-lived and Damn...

...can’t recommend it enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie