New York Is Closed

California issued a shelter-in-place order on Thursday and it was pretty safe to assume that New York would soon follow because the numbers of sick and dying in the two states is crazy.

Matt texted me first.

“Cuomo shut everything down. Now what?”

A couple of immediate calls from clients.

“Does this mean that construction is shut down?”

“I don’t know! It just happened. I haven’t even heard anything yet.”

Turns out:

Construction is considered essential. Construction safety guys are essential as well...

...but it does me little good because I feel that the game plan is to work until I finally catch it...

...and I don’t want it!

Which brings me to the second half of Friday.

I started feeling weird.

Headache, nausea and I had to open the windows wide to catch some air.

“Is this it?” I wondered.

I worried about bringing it to Kathy and the boys. That’s the big worry, to be honest.

I stopped.

Laid my head on a pillow for an hour, took a Tylenol.

Felt much better.

“Okay, I’m good.”

Watched the news of the day.

A reporter asked Trump what he’d tell Americans who are scared.

Trump said, “I’d tell them you’re a lousy reporter.”

Awful.

There are a lot of scared Americans.

Most are worried about paying their bills or feeding their kids.

Others are sick.

Many are grieving.

So much uncertainty...

...and the press briefings have devolved into nastiness, self-congratulations and little real info.

Where are the tests?

Where are the masks?

Where are the ventilators?

It also came to light that the White House had been briefed on January 03.

A whole lot of time was wasted.

Senators heard about it and instead of warning the American people they dumped their stock.

“What do you tell scared Americans?”

Feels an awful lot like the answer was:

“Shut the hell up.”

What a mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie