Just Unreal

Have you had many conversations that have not had the word ‘coronavirus’ in it?

I know I haven’t.

A few people have actually extended their hands to shake.

“Get that filthy hand away from me,” I’ve said.

And here’s the funky part...

...what happens if you start feeling a particular symptom.

Your mind goes directly there, right?

That’s the weird part of this. It’s going to play with the psyche of the entire nation. It’s like the old ‘Twilight Zone’ episode where the guy gets the next day’s paper before everyone else and he makes a fortune betting on things and making predictions.

It’s all going great until he sees his name in the next day’s obits.

He locks himself in his apartment but begins worrying about dying and winds up jumping out the window.

I can’t think of a single reason why we might need a hundred rolls of toilet paper. I saw a photo of a grocery store and all the cheese was gone.

If you eat all that cheese...

...you won’t need the toilet paper, right?

And I get that we are in uncharted territory here and that we shouldn’t look to blame anyone for a virus, but perhaps the CDC shouldn’t have been defunded...

...”I’m a businessman and I don’t want people sitting around doing nothing.”

Like preparing for a possible pandemic!

No one knows how bad it will be, but it’s pretty crappy already.

I want to cry about the NCAA Tournament being canceled.

Fun is in short supply lately.

That tourney is always great fun.

And, I don’t know about you, but I FEEL weird mentally.

Should we just try and go about our day?

That’s what I tried on Friday, and I went out of my way to try and talk about anything other than the virus.

It didn’t actually work.

At home, Sam is moving through the stages of grief.

We are stockpiling shows that we can watch.

I’m planning grand meals.

And that’s it.

Waiting for a disaster that can’t be seen coming...

...and there’s no way of knowing.

“When will life be back to normal?” An internet poll asked.

There were three options:

July, September, March 2021.

I was hoping it would all pass by Monday.

Guess not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie