Working for Free!!!

The partial government shutdown is stretching into a 3rd week.

The man who I know longer mention says that it might go on for months or even years.

There are an estimated 800,000 people who’ve now missed a paycheck. Some are still going to work!

I once asked a buddy of mine:

“How’s work?”

He answered:

“If they weren’t paying me I wouldn’t go.”

How inspired can you possibly be if you’re working for free? Moral must be bad! Now, I’m sure these people are expecting to someday be paid for the hours they’re putting in...

...but the stress levels have to be through the roof.

“What should people say to their landlord?”

That question was actually asked at the press conference.

“Hopefully the landlord will understand. Just have to talk to them nicely.”

Yeah.

‘Cause bill collectors are so understanding and compassionate.

The kicker?

The people at the high levels of the current administration are scheduled to receive a raise!

This coming week!!

Some of the people involved were joking about it.

No money coming in...

...and the alarm goes off.

You’d really have to love your job to keep going.

Desperate times, I guess.

What a mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie