Free For All!

Years ago, my brother-in-law announced his candidacy for leader of the free world.

“What’s your platform?” I asked.

“There are no more laws!” He declared.

We were swilling a few beers back in those days, and my brother-in-law being president was actually a great comedy theme for the day.

“What about schools?” One of my kids asked.

“Go if you want!”

“Driving laws?”

“Go 125 mph if you want!”

As a Safety man I was a tad concerned.

“A whole bunch of people will die,” I said.

“Survival of the fittest!”

I thought of that day as I considered that the government shutdown might stretch and stretch and stretch as the inane banter keeps going.

“There are no taxes. No money either! Take what you want!”

So, maybe my brother-in-law’s plan had a few flaws, but there were definitely a lot of laughs.

“Seriously, though,” someone said. “It’s not a bad idea. We need to scrap the system and start over. Write new laws.”

“No!” My brother-in-law exclaimed. “No laws!”

We polled the party.

There were six people who actually said that they’d vote for the ‘No Laws’ platform.

I wasn’t one of them.

But that was a long time ago...

...I may have changed my mind.

Gotta’ call my brother-in-law...

...get him ready for 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie