And Away We Go!

“I’d like to lose seven pounds.”

“I want to be more organized at work.”

“I’m going to be better with money in 2019.”

Slowly I read through all the resolutions.

“I’m definitely going to the gym.”

“I want to drink less.”

“I’m going to church every week.”

Most of those resolutions won’t make it to January 10th.

Yet, it’s important to try, right?

And one person after another wished love and peace and acceptance for their fellow man, except one dude who wrote:

“HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE HATERS IN FAKE NEWS!”

I’m not listening to that particular voice anymore.

That’s my resolution, but will be a tough one to keep.

But my first day of 2019 was spent mostly off my feet. I made dinner for the family. We watched a couple of movies.

The dogs took a nap.

I slipped off for a little while.

Rest, relax, eat.

It’s all so simple.

Someone once asked John Mellencamp about what inspired him to be rich and famous:

“I just wanted to make enough so I could get a nap every day.”

I think that’s what we’re all actually looking for!

Yet, today brings us all back to the rat race...

...and during the lull of the holiday work schedule I figured out that I’m a lot better when there’s a bit of a frenzy to all of it.

But hell, it’s a short week.

Saturday isn’t that far away...

...and the office will be closed from 1 to 3...

...for nap.

Mellencamp might get a nap every day...

...I settle for once a week...

...and that’s not so bad.

Keep those resolutions now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie