50 Freaking Below????

That’s supposedly what it feels like in Chicago today.

Buffalo is slated for about a 25 below zero wind chill with a chance for a blizzard that could rival the blizzard of ‘77.

That was an epic one.

‘Cause I was only 12 and we were all stuck in the house. We had a blast. We played monopoly as a family, and if you know my family it ended the only way it could have...

...with someone throwing the board across the room, and everyone else laughing.

There was so much money being stolen from the bank that everyone had piles of cash in front of them.

I distinctly remember the police driving up on snowmobiles and asking if we needed anything.

“Beer and cigarettes,” my Dad said.

“We’re helping people who need the essentials,” the cop said.

“I have six kids in here, those are the essentials!”

It took awhile, but I also recall that the cops came back...with a carton and a 12-pack.

The day after the big snow hit, I played hockey in the driveway with my brothers and all the neighbors.

We had a blast.

Then the real kicker...

...the furnace went down in the school and we were off for two weeks.

It’s different as an adult.

Yesterday I considered the food situation. We keep a good supply on hand, but there were things we needed, so I went at lunch.

Kathy went too.

We bought duplicates of a few things.

“It’s not like it’ll go to waste,” she said.

Nope...

...not with two lugs still shoveling it down (three if you count me).

Now if I can get them to shovel.

They won’t do it to play hockey, that’s for sure...

...they play it on television.

Ah well, stay warm!!!

At least we aren’t in Chicago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie