So Wrong

When I was a freshman in college there was a resident pastor at the boys dorm at Gannon University.

We were all drinking, having fun, and most of us were more than a little homesick. Having a pastor around was kind of a comfort....

...and the pastor was cool.

He let us watch the big television in his room. He had Doritos and pop...

...we were college kids...

...we had nothing.

And he’d talk to us if we struggled at all.

Decent guy, I always thought.

Well, one of my old college roommates sent me a news story.

The priest was sentenced to 14 years for molesting children...

...before! And after!! We knew him.

It made me sick to my stomach.

I zoomed in on the photo of him...

...35 years since I last saw him.

He looked like an old man.

He belongs in a cage.

They spoke to a couple of his victims.

Middle-aged men who were just kids when he ripped their lives from them.

I’ve struggled mightily with the church over the last few years.

I don’t go anymore.

At the onset of it, I couldn’t bare to subject my kids to it. I didn’t demand they go. After watching a couple of documentaries on the subject...

...it was all so disturbing.

Sickening.

At his court hearing, the priest who was entrusted to direct young boys...

...talked about how he would pray for forgiveness.

Good luck to him.

Those men got away with it for so long and they were told that it wasn’t as bad as it was.

God have mercy on all of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie