My Doggies

Melky’s on the verge of becoming a teenager.

She’ll be thirteen in March.

Paris is eight, but she’s also been battling Addison’s disease since she was about 2. She has a lot of grey in her beard already.

When I’m home the entire evening goes like this:

Dinner, boney time (with an official ceremony and everything), and then they stare at me. Melky will cry and Paris will jump up and give me kisses.

Until Melky cries enough for me to get up and go to bed.

She won’t go to bed without me, and it’s like she’s a clock. I go up at 9 on week days...

...she has no concept of Friday or Saturday so, in the middle of the movie on Saturday night she begins to sing.

“Pause it! I gotta go to bed,” I’ll growl.

“Did your girlfriend say it’s time for bed?” Kathy will ask.

Anywhoha...

...it’s tough to leave them now.

I know they won’t live forever and it saddens me.

Of course, I sing to them and tell them I love them.

They’ve cost me a fortune in bones.

Melky and The Pair.

My buddies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie