Happy New Year!

My wish for the coming year is that we rediscover compassion.

Sounds easy enough, right?

Kind of like the beauty pageant contestant who’s rooting for world peace, right?

But I miss compassion.

I think that we aren’t that far off either...

...but sometimes we get a little messed up when we overthink things.

Do we want people to suffer?

I’d think that the overwhelming answer to that question would be no, but we’re messed up on what to do with them when they make a four-thousand mile trip to escape gangs and poverty.

Do we want to take children away from parents and put them in a cage?

I feel guilty leaving my dog in a cage!

Do we want our children to go to school and not be shot in the face?

Of course we all want them safe!

Yet, we can’t even tolerate hearing someone else’s opinion on a solution.

2018 seemed like it was all about division.

2019 needs to be about inclusion...

...and compassion.

Years ago, I used to make lists of things I wanted to accomplish...

...I find lists to be very helpful in the organization of my thoughts...

...but it’s a little like the old line:

“I finally got my shit together, but now I can’t pick it up.”

2019 has to be better for the country...

...it just HAS to be.

If it is...

...compassion will play a role.

Happy New Year to all!

May all your wishes come true!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie