The Sun On Your Face

The wind whipped across the parking lot and I had a thought that my forehead might be frost bitten.

Yet, we were on our way to the airport terminal in the less than 5 degree weather.

We were getting the hell out of Dodge.

Let’s take it back a couple of weeks.

I was on a frozen job site, climbing a sturdy ladder to a roof. My phone vibrated. I retrieved it and glanced down...

...an Amex charge.

For plane tickets and a room.

“I’ve been hacked!”

I ducked away and called Kathy to break the news.

“That was me. You’re going to Florida. 3 days so you can still work 2 days that week. Get some sun!”

“What if I have things scheduled?”

“Change ‘em.”

Cut to Tuesday.

70 degrees.

The sun!

I went from the jacuzzi to the cleanest pool I’ve ever been in and then back to the jacuzzi.

One of my best buddies sent me a text before I left.

“Be present,” he wrote.

And that’s what I did.

Laid on the chair with the sun on my face.

Didn’t think of anything else, but the sun.

“What a great hour this has been,” I said.

There’s a Game Center here.

Played shuffleboard and mini golf.

Lost at shuffleboard and my phone pinged.

My beautiful wife, who was standing three feet away had posted the result.

Used my putting skills (seriously, made 3 hole in ones on straight putts) to win at mini golf.

Couldn’t post the result fast enough.

Had a great dinner and even a drink.

Stayed present...

...even when I got a work email.

The sun on your face is way underrated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie