Doritos & Dip

It’s been a lot of years since I was hungry and worried about what I had to eat.

The most poverty stricken hunger I ever felt was when I was in college. If we were able to score a bag of Doritos and a tub of dip...

...man, we were high on the hog.

I thought of not knowing what would be for dinner when I heard some stories about people who are at food banks because they aren’t getting paid for their work.

800,000 people have been out of work, or going to work for free! during the government shutdown.

We used to make macaroni & cheese out of the box.

Big moments happened when we could mix hamburger with it.

I have never once made that concoction since college. The thought of it turns my stomach.

There were some lean years after college too...

...especially when I lived alone in Connecticut.

Yet, by then, I’d learned to make about 30 different sauces and would eat pasta every night if necessary.

It’s a tragedy that men and women who are willing to work, or are actually at work, and are not being paid.

They’re lining up at a food bank.

They’re skipping their meds.

Not paying their mortgage.

Because the fat cats are fighting...

...about where to spend the billions....

The lawmakers are paid to make and debate policy.

The shutdown is banana republic stuff.

Those are true lives in the balance!!!

“They’re willing to work for free because they want the wall,” Trump said.

I truly doubt that.

Haven’t heard one person say that.

They want to work...

...they want to eat!

They should be able to.

Doritos & dip should be a luxury...

...not dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie