I Can See Retirement

Life is a funny thing.

It’s one thought back to when you were a kid.

Another quick turn until you realize where you currently are in the grand scheme of things...

...and a passing glance at the future.

In your mind, you can do all of that in about twenty minutes.

We ate at an Italian restaurant and I watched an obviously Italian-American guy eating a big bowl of pasta. He twirled the pasta with the fork in his right hand, ate it, and then took a bite of the small piece of bread from the left hand that he was holding close to his face.

I laughed because it was exactly how my Dad would eat pasta.

(Thought back).

Kathy and I talked about the boys, the book, and work.

(The present).

And then we considered the older couple, from Minnesota, who come down to this spot for 6 weeks every year.

“That’s perfect!”

And suddenly, we glimpsed the future.

It’s not that far away, and the funny thing about the future is that it’s always perfect.

“I could do this with a little golf mixed in for six weeks,” I said.

For the first time, I could really feel the slow down.

I wouldn’t need to chase some thing every day!

And if I did, I could write by the pool.

I can see retirement!

Back to the snow!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie