Super Bowl Predicition

Read somewhere that pitchers and catchers are due to report in 17 days...

...that’s a little hard to believe...

...it’s gonna’ be 1 or 2 here the rest of the week.

I can’t wait for baseball!!!

Gives me something to do every night from April through the end of October. Best sport, by far!

Yet, I’ve watched the NFL playoffs.

Nearly turned the whole sordid mess off during the championship games because the refs were embarrassing. Just one horrific call after another, and replay didn’t really help.

So, why have I been watching?

I don’t really have a dog in the fight. The hometown team stunk again.

Well, and this is a very unpopular thing for me to say:

I enjoy watching the Patriots play.

It’s not much of a secret anymore and I take a considerable amount of trouble for it, but they are always prepared and Brady plays with precision and passion.

That’s how I’ve always seen it.

This year, it was widely speculated that the Patriots weren’t very good and that Brady was done...

...finally captured by Father Time.

Nope!

He looked great against the Chargers and when the game was on the line against the Chiefs, he showed the heart.

My kids hate him.

“Okay,” I said. “Imagine that the super bowl is winding down and that the Rams are winning 21-19 with 48 seconds left. The patriots have the ball on their own 20. Who wins?”

“I know who I want to win,” Sam answered.

“But who actually wins?”

“The Patriots,” he said, begrudgingly.

So, there’s my prediction:

New England 22 Rams 21.

And the whole world groans...

...well, almost the whole world.

Because New England actually wasn’t a great team this year...

...they just know how to do it.

(If you don’t like this predication, just relax, Brady only has about 5-7 years left).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie