On Writing

I’ve been way out of sorts with the lack of routine, but I also had a book come out on December 21...

...and I had a whole bunch of anxiety waiting for the first reach out about it.

What was weird was that this time I actually picked it up and read through some of it...

...and I kept thinking, “It’s good!”

But Christmas and New Years and I hadn’t heard from anyone...

...until yesterday.

A great review!

A longtime friend, Mary, reached out to tell me that she loved it.

Another old dog, Sam, sent me a few texts about parts of it that he enjoyed, and as much as I like to say, “I write what I want to solve things in my own mind,”...

...I was thrilled that my friends got it.

“Everything I Know” was a book that I started writing in early 2016...

...I used some of the pieces from this blog and wrote the story around it...

...and then Prince died...

...and “The Big D” took charge.

I actually worked on two books at once, but decided, even though “Everything I Know” was ready that me and the Big C...

...we’re ready to go with “The Big D” first.

And that came in first at the New England Book Festival, so I was validated in the decision...

...but “Everything I Know” was just sitting there.

So, we got it done, and Mary and Sam finished it for me with their reviews.

Know what’s even more exciting?

In September, I got excited about doing a murder mystery.

I wrote the entire first draft, and was thinking about the edit and the clean-up...

...and I got another idea.

10 short stories about something I know a lot about...

...”Small Town”.,.

I’ve written 3 stories already.

7 more to go!

So far, I’m extremely fired up.

Going to be a fun year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie