Two Tickets to Pittsburgh

Of course, that is from an old joke. A real old joke and a Chevy Chase movie about a guy who wants to buy tickets from a woman who is blessed in the chest department.

The comic screws up the words and orders "Two pickets to....

You know the joke.

Anyway, back when I was in high school Led Zeppelin was going to visit Buffalo in support of their "In Through the Out Door" album.

It would have been a great tour because it might be the only music that they wrote themselves.

Anyway, I had two pickets.

I was going to go with the girl that I had been chasing for years and years. She didn't want to go anywhere else with me, but I suppose that seeing Robert Plant and Jimmy Page was her real agenda, but beggers can't be choosers.

And then...

Their drunken drummer choked to death on his own vomit and they canceled their visit.

I could have been a contender.

We may have an in for pickets to the Yankee game on Saturday. They are scheduled to play Texas in Game 1 of the ALCS.

My beautiful wife and my darling children will most likely be along for the ride. I'm still not totally convinced of their overall agenda.

CC versus CJ Wilson.

8 wins away from grabbing a hold of championship #28. How can we stay away if it all comes to be?

There's just one catch.

The Yanks have to beat the Tigers in Game 5 to get there.

I like their chances.

They certainly better not choke on their own vomit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty