Careening Out of Control

Isn't Google a wonderful tool?

The main reason I like it?

I can look up my dreams in the morning.

The other morning I remembered a bunch of them. The evening before I'd read about three more buildings in Buffalo being run into by errant drivers. I read the article just before I went to sleep.

Then I had the now-typical dream of being in a room with everyone I've ever known in life. It's very often a strange party with an odd mixture of conversation and hatred.

Anyway, the party was a drunken mess, and at the end of the night we were all in a car, flying down a busy snow-covered road. I was in the backseat directly behind the driver and I was screaming. It was moments before the crash. My sister Carrie was the driver. She was laughing.

I got out of bed and hit the head.

It was 1:30 a.m.

Thankfully, I got back to sleep.

At 5 I woke for the day. I immediately recalled the last dream.

I was the driver. I backed into a red car, tore the mirror off, and like Marshawn Lynch, I headed away from the scene. And I got away with it.

Google.

Evidently, life is out of control and the dream with Carrie as the driver is significant because she is the one driving me recklessly around the bend.

That's not true. Not even a little. No unresolved issues. Only had one argument, ever, with that sophomoric bitch.

(Carrie will get that joke).

The one with me as the driver was interpreted to mean that I was lost because I dislike myself.

Now anyone who's ever read this blog knows that such an assertion is baseless.

Couldn't it have been about the article I read before going to sleep.

Anyhow, thought it was interesting. If you ever have a minute just Google the meaning of dreams.

I'll tell you one thing...I kept checking my mirrors all day.

(By the way...if you see Jeff Renaldo today, wish him a Happy Birthday! He's the best).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie