A Sitcom Junkie

I love sitcoms. I would watch them over any other thing on television other than a sporting event. They certainly are better than reality television.

I was catching an episode of Seinfeld in the hotel room tonight when it sort of dawned on me that I need to talk about my favorite all-time sitcoms. What's yours?

It seems that years ago there were a lot more to choose from. I remember Thursday nights on NBC in particular. Wings, Frazier, Cheers. It was can't miss television.

So, how do I rank them?

Let's go backwards from ten:

10). M*A*S*H - I loved that show, but when I heard a comic say that it lasted longer than the Korean war, it kind of bugged me. Loved the final episode though. Watched it in the college dorm freshman year.

9). King of Queens - laughed hard every time she got on him about his weight. She was a tad nasty though.

8). Everybody Loves Raymond - loved the finale of this one too. A lot of yelling, but Robert and Frank made the show.

7). Modern Family - This one is new, but Al Bundy makes it.

6). The Office - Never liked it until it came on reruns. Saw all of the old ones and never miss the new ones even without Michael.

5). The Simpsons - Remember watching the pilot with my brother and laughing my ass off. I know its a cartoon but it counts.

4). The Big Bang and Two and a Half Men - a couple of more new ones. I grouped them together for no other reason than I'm running out of space.

3) Seinfeld - Don't watch it a lot anymore but that's because I've seen them all. Great show - Larry David is a genius and Curb Your Enthusiasm is even better, but its not really on regular television.

2). Cheers - Eddie LeBeck, Woody, Coach, Diane, Sam, Frazier, Diane, Rebecca and Lilith, Cliffy and Norm. I only have to say their names.

1). The Odd Couple - Still my favorite. Watched so many episodes with my Mom and Dad. You haven't lived until you've seen the one where they are tied-up in a robbery and Oscar makes funny faces.

There are so many more. Taxi, Dick Van Dyke, Married with Children, All in the Family.

I can watch them all. Beats the hell out of American Idol.

Comments

Dick Van Dyke is one of my favorites...

I'm with you on most of these shows.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie