One of Them Damn Days

Why bother?

Decided to take a mental health break. A day off of work on Monday in order to gear up for a real long rest of the week.

"What do you have planned?" my beautiful wife asked.

"Not a single thing after my doctor's appointment."

And I was fairly excited about no plans until precisely 6:30 a.m. when my brother-in-law Chuck texted me about an accident in the old hometown.

What were the chances it could be someone I know and love?

Pretty damn good, actually. My buddy Pops...banged up for sure.

I did have a doctor's appointment for my knee so before checking in on Pops at the hospital I saw the doc.

"We have to go back in."

Perfect.

Two for two.

It's scheduled for next Thursday.

I decided to spend a little time with the wife.

Sam came home early from school with an upset stomach.

All right. Stop for a slice of pizza.

"Slices are going to be about ten minutes."

I waited.

Days like this. In an instant. No control over anything.

But the dogs were fired up to see me when I returned to the house.

Is it all right to go back to bed at noon?

And stay there?

Comments

It was a jacked up kind of day, for sure. Getting that early text propelled me to say a prayer, and man, if I didn't pray for Pops all day long! One moment. . . that's it.

Hope your surgery goes well. I'll be calling, you know that.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie