Do You Mind If I Offer Up My Opinion?

Hank Williams Jr. lost his job for a lousy joke about Obama and Biden. It was a lousy joke because it wasn't funny. It cost him his job because it was mean-spirited and because he isn't a comedian.

Think of Jon Stewart saying the same thing. Not even a ripple. Yet I don't come down on the side of Hank on this one. Same thing as tossing the shoe at Bush or Chavez running his mouth about the same Prez. It's the office of the president that should be respected.

Dumb joke anyway.

As for Conrad Murray and his trial for Michael Jackson's death. I heard the man's taped testimony today. He should have taped one simple question.

How long am I going up the river for?

He's trying to sell the fact that he uses propofol as a sedative and that he only gave Michael a little to calm him down enough to sleep. There was enough in the King of Pop's system to knock out Mr. Ed.

One piece of advice to Murray. In a few weeks, go after the biggest guy you can find in the orange suit and show the others you won't be bullied.

Everyone is all a tizzy here in Buffalo because the hockey season started yesterday. They won't be crowning a champion until the last week in June. Forgive me for not being set aflutter with the dropping of the puck in Helsinki.

Wake me up around Easter and tell me where they are in the standings. Baseball takes months and months to play, but it's double the games.

Speaking of baseball.

Ain't talking about it.

Yes, I am.

What irritates me the most is the talk about the Yankees payroll. Yeah, it's 200 million, but that's before you subtract the 100 million they dole out to the other teams that compete with them, and knock them out of the playoffs despite the fact that they can't draw 20 thousand to a playoff game.

I say the Yankees double their payroll next year. The hell with what everyone else thinks.

I'd use my "I have a better television than the guy next door" analogy because I bring more money in, but my television sucks.

Listened to Cliff Clavin yesterday talk about the fact that there are no more skilled Americans. He is championing a work bill that teaches kids skills that will help them do some of the work that is no longer done in this country.

Ratzenberger is right. Kids don't want to be plumbers or carpenters or laborers anymore. They are going to college at 100 thousand a pop for sports management positions that don't exist and they look down their noses at skilled craftsman.

I'd be mowing my lawn right now instead of writing this blog except for one simple fact.

I'm waiting for a smart guy to come by and see why the mower won't start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie