They Make Their Living With a Baaaaaalllllllll!

My kids have taken to remind me of the fact that I once tried to let them know that one of their idols was, or may not have been, a genius.

"He makes a living with a ball!" I exclaimed as I tried to make a point.

Now, whenever we hear one of them being interviewed and sort of butchering the English language either Jake or Sam will scream out my famous words.

HE MAKES HIS LIVING WITH A BAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

And it drives me crazy when I realize that how much of an influence sports has over all of our lives.

This past weekend the coach of the 49ers went over to shake hands with the coach of the Lions. Instead of offering his hand like a man, he shook the Lions coach's hand violently and slapped the man on the back in a dismissive shove.

The Lions coach was pissed and a wimpy-fight ensued. The sports stations showed it a million times.

And then they talked about it to death.

Some of the analysts were actually defending the 49ers coach saying that they don't like to shake hands after the game either and that they are involved in an intense, war-like battle that deserves all of their emotion and concentration.

All together now!!!!

HE MAKES HIS LIVING WITH A BAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

When the final gun sounds, walk over and shake hands with the guy. Don't yell, don't push him. Don't tell me about how mentally exhausted you are after telling one genius to stand in one position while the king genius throws him the ball.

We all have trials and tribulations in our jobs. We all concentrate hard from time-to-time.

Our real job is to offer up some example of how to act like a decent human being in front of the other people who are watching.

It's a football game.

They are using a BALL! IT ISN'T WAR! IT WON'T SOLVE DISEASE! WE SHOULDN'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT!!!

Give me a break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie