All We Are Saying Is...Give Peace a Chance

Man, I watched a recap of the protesters down at the foot of Wall Street.

It was kind of embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong. I am seriously psyched that we live in a land where we can stand up and say whatever the hell we want. Imagine if we weren't?

I would have been drawn and quartered by now.

Yet to say that the effort at Wall Street is a bit disorganized might be the understatement of the year.

I was watching Fox & Friends, by mistake, mind you, the other morning and I caught a glimpse of some of the protesters. They asked one guy why he was sleeping in the streets and he sort of shrugged. They asked him one question about the workings of the government and he looked like Sarah Palin might look during the first round of a spelling bee.

Then some guy ran straight into the microphone and I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought for sure that we were back in 1972 and John Lennon was the guest of honor.

This man had the glasses, the peace sign necklace, the sideburns, the mop-top haircut...and he was dressed like Lennon.

When the interviewer asked him why he was at the demonstration the man started singing. "All We Are Saying is Give Peace a Chance."

Now Lennon was a brilliant writer, and certainly my favorite Beatle, but I was sort of embarrassed for the man who was being interviewed. I didn't deny him his right to say what he wanted, but man.

Just man.

I always wanted to be a protester. Not sure why, but I like the ground-swelling and the right-a-wrong type of mentality, but as stated many times here, I'm getting old.

And tired of the constant bickering back and forth.

Do you know what the Fox and Friends guys said?

They said that we need to set the tea party guys on one side and the Wall Street protesters on the other and let them fight to the death.

Isn't that brilliant?

We should have a civil war.

Lennon was right.

Give Peace a Chance.

Peace between Americans, I mean.

It's truly our only way out of this mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie