One's Dumber Than the Other

Since 2001 I've been watching the World Series with the sound off.

Isn't that a shame?

The reason, of course, is because the two announcers hired by Fox are awful. That isn't even the right word. Awful is too good for those morons.

As everyone is well aware around my house, I want to meet Joe Buck in the worst way. Not because I admire him, but because I just might kick him in the shins and run away. Baseball is a peaceful game that doesn't need constant chatter.

Buck never shuts up. While we are watching an inning he tells us who's going to bat the next inning. And he roots for teams over other teams. I defy you to watch a single Yankee game before he starts talking payroll. He mentions, by the end of the first inning that the Yankees spend more money than every other team.

"Who makes the most money?" Sam is now screaming back at the screen. And Buck's father was supposedly a great Cardinals announcer. That's why Buck openly roots for them. Fine. I root for the Yankees because of my Dad, but there's one basic difference.

I know something about baseball!

Which leads me to Buck's partner, who might be even less knowledgable. Tim McCarver was fired by the Yankees because Steinbrenner saw him as a buffoon.

I'm being too harsh?

He called Derek Jeter, 'Jerry Cleater.'

He claims to know every pitch saying that was a slider or a cutter, or a splitter. When the replays prove him wrong...on every single freaking pitch...he begs our pardon.

A close play? He always gets it wrong. Last week they showed Nick Swisher glancing skyward. My dog knows that Swisher is paying homage to his grandparents.

"Do you think he's looking at his picture on the scoreboard?" McCarver asked.

Now, come on! That's the sport you're supposed to cover. Swisher's allegiance to his grandmother is mentioned in every interview he's ever done.

I could go on and on. I'm on a personal mission to get them both fired. I would love to take their place.

And do you know how I'd start each broadcast?

"The Yankees make more money for baseball than any other team in the sport. They can afford to pay Jerry Cleater anything he wants."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie