Edith

There really is not a lot to say about being forty-seven years old. Today is my first day of being in that club. Where it is really weird is when you see it in print:

Cliff Fazzolari, 47, of Blasdell, New York, said, "Holy Shit, I never saw that coming."

And it's just a number by your name, of course, but seeing it written makes me really long for something like this.

Cliff Fazzolari, 21, of Blasdell, New York is a candidate for CEO of the World and he said, "I'm going to freaking win."

Therein lies the basic difference, I think.

At 21, there's that, "Man anything is possible, I'm going to have the world eating out of the palm of my hand."

At 47, there's the, "I hope no one is around so I can eat a bowl of ice cream and take a nap."

Birthdays are a lot more annoying now too. Back then it was like: "Let's go, dude!"

Now it's, "Let's go, home."

So, I'm 47 today.

Got me thinking about the birthdays I remember.

Certainly #10 because I was on a bus to a little loop football game. Hated every second of it.

#18, of course, and drinking beer and shots at Speedy's with Jeffy and my bros. I also remember my birthday card from my college friends with a photo of a naked girl named Edith and a birthday cake. "You can't have your cake and Edith too." Signed by Rosie, Gag and Bob.

I still have that card.

#37. Jake was in the hospital. Of all the birthdays, I remember that one the most because I kept thinking of what my Dad told me about how your life can change so much in a ten-year span.

Amen to that.

Let's interview me.

Anything special planned?

Nope.

Anything you want for a present?

Nope.

You don't want to do anything at all?

Nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie