Taking a Break

I played the weekend like a monk. After the Yankees lost I shut down my appearances on Facebook. What good would showing up do? I was open to all sorts of ridicule. All the people who I made fun of now had the chance to make fun of me.

Didn't feel like taking the abuse.

I also didn't watch the Sabres...can't see getting excited for a sport where they won't crown a champion for ten months. Regular season doesn't mean a thing. They all make the playoffs.

Didn't watch the suddenly Super Bills either.

There was a movie on Lifetime I wanted to catch, and reruns of Dick Van Dyke. Football fails to thrill me. Seems scripted.

And the entire time that I stewed, I was well aware that I am getting miserable in my middle age. I have a shirt that has Miserable Men on the front and the Future is Coming on the back from a Bob Levy comedy special at the Brant Fire Hall.

I wore it all weekend.

And I wish I can say I felt better after my self-imposed break, but I still slept lousy, and the Yanks still weren't scheduled to play.

Do I really have to wait 6 months until they play again?

Six months of celebrating a first down by pointing in the direction of the goal? Six months of listening to talk about blocked shots and the Sabres look great?

I miss baseball.

And don't tell me that they still have the championship series and the World Series to play.

Just wake me up when CC signs his extension and CJ Wilson joins the rotation and Carlos Beltran is signed as the DH.

Tell me when pitchers and catchers are set to report.

And for God's sake, don't show me even one photo of freaking A-Rod.

Going to take me a long time to get over him standing like a statue at home plate or chewing gum like a cow after he left the go-ahead run in scoring position.

$30 mil a year.

Miserable Men!!!

Comments

John said…
Wow! You need a drink!
John - I was thinking the same thing!

When Derek shows up for Christmas dinner, will you still be miserable?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie