The Sun Came Up!

My beloved Yankees went down to the Tigers on Thursday night. They deserved to. Bases loaded and less than two outs, twice, and they didn't get in the run.

Oh freaking well.

And the reality of it all is that I have been following baseball since 1969. I became aware at the age of five or so. I wanted the Yanks to win every year.

They've won 7 times. In 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009.

They've lost the world series in 1981, 2001, & 2003.

They've missed the playoffs entirely one year.

And the sun still came up and I'm still here. And next year, it will all start anew, and I will try and watch every single inning.

My friends will chide me with the thought that they didn't win in 2011. A lot of the same people will tell me that they won't make the playoffs at all next year.

And they will.

And they might win it all.

The sun will come up when they do. The haters will hate even more.

I will be even more obnoxious.

I am disappointed for one simple reason. I won't see them play again until April. That's it.

And tomorrow, I'll go down into my Yankee room and organize my championship plaques, and then I'll head into the room where I keep the Bills and Sabres Championship stuff.

That room is completely empty.

And you all still love them.

So, that's that.

I'll worry about it when the sun doesn't come up the day after one of the losses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty