What's the End Game?

I distinctly recall the night when Richard Nixon resigned the presidency.

I was 9 years old and was sitting in the back seat of the car. The news came across the radio waves. Nixon was actually the one who broke the news.

"What happens now?" I asked.

"Who knows?" My father said.

I recall feeling a little scared.

How would we go on without a president?

43 years later, with the news that Mueller is looking to get another grand jury convened, I started thinking about the end game.

What might happen?

Of course, we're still hearing that it's a nothingburger, or witch hunt or 'there's no there, there.'

But, I was certainly of the opinion that if Mueller went through things related to Trump's business...

...well, all bets might be off.

That appears to be where it's headed.

The tax returns never showed up for a reason, and it'll all come out in the wash.

Mueller won't be fired. He will have his say.

And then what?

I don't know why I'd be anxious about it. There's nothing any of us can really do to change things. But it will be very interesting.

Scenario 1:

Trump is exonerated. There was no collusion. All the Russia talk was just a result of a bunch of innocent first-time politicians who were duped.

Trump goes on to be wildly successful and makes America great.

Scenario 2:

All the smoke is 🔥

They're all guilty. The GOP is complicit and the collusion is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Everyone is indicted.

That's where I return to being the 9-year-old in the back of the car.

"What happens now?"

Who knows?

Scenario 3:

Somewhere in the middle, but Trump has had enough. He cuts a deal that allows him to avoid the full wrath of the investigation, and quits.

The GOP rallies around Pence, and the talking heads on each side go back to arguing over everything while simply trying to get re-elected.

Or business as usual.

The Dow, which set a record on Tuesday, did a nose dive on Wednesday.

The world is uncertain.

We're all left to wonder...

...like clueless 9-year old boys.

Saddest part?

When I woke up to the news on November 9th, I kind of figured we'd arrive here somehow.

Just didn't think it would only be 6 months in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie