Fort Niagara

Sometimes my job takes me to interesting places. I have to be honest, I didn't know much about Old Fort Niagara.

I always loved history too...but didn't retain it.

The battle back in the 1700's was told on the plaques and in the actions of the men and women who dress up in the old uniforms.

And then I entered the castle.

That's when I was blown away by the architecture and the vintage furniture. I could almost imagine the scenes as they prepared for battle.

The mason who is working on some of the brick was my tour guide. We marveled at how the place was built back all those years ago.

"You have to see the jail," he said.

I thought about the battle waged in the field. I heard about the underground tunnels and we went looking for the cannons.
"That's where they loaded them."

"Whoa," I said. "This is so freaking cool!"

As we were heading back to the work area we saw a woman, dressed in the garb of the day, sitting outside, working on mending clothes, I believe.

"They worked so hard. They fought so bravely," I said.

We went over the drawbridge, and took in the solid brick walls that protected the place.

"Exactly," the mason of today said, "And most of the people we know these days are all worked up when the wi-fi goes out."

We laughed.

So cool.

The job is going to run a little while longer.

Next time I'm gonna' see what the underground tunnels were all about.

I mentioned it when I got home.

"I saw that place," Sam said. "Went there on a field trip. I remember the cannons."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie