Record Theater Is Closing

Sad!

The one record store that was left is closing on Sunday. Record Theater in Buffalo will close its doors on Sunday, and when I read the story, I felt sadness.

First off, I hate the way music is delivered these days.

(Mostly)

I do like being able to order something with a click of the phone, but there was absolutely nothing like getting your paycheck and heading into the record store to browse.

Even more exciting is when a record came out.

I know exactly which store I bought each Springsteen record from 1978 through about 2005.

"Why don't you get rid of all those CD's?" My beautiful wife asked me one day.

(She's strictly against my shelves that are filled with books and CD's for some reason).

"Leave me alone."

I recall Mom taking us to buy each of us a record.

John got Billy Joel, Glass Houses.

Corinne got Tom Petty, Damn the Torpedos

And I went with Bob Dylan and Slow Train Coming.

Someone recently mentioned that the record business went under because people were forced to buy full albums.

I love full albums!!

I always play them as they were written.

"Thunder Road" opened Born to Run and "Jungle land" closed it.

That's the way it was supposed to be!

So, I'm a little sad.

I now have all my music on my phone or on an iPod.

Sometimes I shuffle all the songs.

Technology kinda' cost us on this one.

We should all still be buying our music.

That ain't the worst part though...

...and I'm gonna' sound like an old man here...

...they don't write 'em like they used to now anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie