The big D

There was a moment at the North Collins Class Reunion.

An older woman came up to me and said:

"When is the next book coming out?"

I kinda' shrugged.

"Pretty soon. It's done, but been a little lazy about getting it through the process."

"Well, let me tell you, I loved, loved, loved Dogs On Main Street. You made me laugh and even cry. Loved it! So, hurry up! I'd like to read your next one before I die."

How's that for pressure?

I went through things...I had a grand idea of putting two books out at once.

Well, instead of doing double the work to get the art work and layout and editing done...

...I decided to go one at a time!

And The big D was the decision.

So, here we go!

The other thing about making such a decision on August 7th...

...7 years since Dad left.

Hard to get into a good mood on such a day, but the book was on my mind because in a lot of ways it was my answer to some of the things that were hammering at me about death.

I have been chasing that argument around for the better part of 30 years.

So!

Why not August 7th for the announcement?

I don't have the hard date for you yet...

...but shortly!

I will let you know for sure!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie