Look Up

There's a moment on the Roger Waters record where he sings about looking up at the stars, feeling insignificant in the grand scheme of things...

...and not giving two shits about it.

I don't know what you thought about the solar eclipse on Monday - was just a partial deal here in Buffalo - but I saw television coverage of the total darkness...

...and it was really cool.

It's amazing that the same scientists who are so damn wrong about climate change can get the sun and moon travels down to the second.

In fact, if you can see something like that and not think about things bigger than yourself...

...you're kind of shallow.

As a kid I was kind of curious about such things, but science wasn't my best of subjects. The one time I recall being absolutely transfixed with the sky was when Skylab was falling out of it.

I was convinced it was going to land on our house.

And it is very important to look up every now and again and dream about other universes or the great beyond.

What else is out there?

Are we compromising the great scheme of things with our own actions...

...or do we not give a shit?

If you missed it...

...7 more years to the next one, and Buffalo will go totally dark.

Can't wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie