Down to One

A lot of buzz around here on Saturday as Kathy, Jake and Sam carried things down the stairs, and out the front door.

Packing up my things so Jake could take them off to school.

We're going to be down to one kid around here, and it's Sam, the easiest kid in the world to parent.

All we have to do with Sam is toss him a bag of chicken fries and a jug of hot sauce.

"You have to study," I said to Jake. "You're going to have a lot of free time. It's easy to just drink beer or play ball or take a nap, but remember to do your work first."

He was hardly listening.

The older they get, the less they appear to listen, but I actually think the opposite is true.

Matt comes by once in a blue moon now.

"What do you want?" I ask.

Once they walk out the door they tend to stay gone, and if they do come back it's usually with one more to feed as they bring a girl by.

Which explains Kathy being a tad on the emotional side.

"I was in tears on the way back," she said, after bringing Jake by for orientation.

"One more," I said, "and then what? We sit here looking at each other?"

Kathy laughed.

"That's about it."

It's going to be a lot quieter around here.

Camp Clifford has just one camper!!!

And he sleeps a lot!

"Aren't you sad?" Kathy asked.

"We can fumigate that room," I said.

But yeah.

I'm a little sad.

"Leave a few bank deposit slips," I said to Jake.

"Okay, I will," he said.

He heard that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty