Are You Ready for Some Football?

My kids were fired up at the start of August.

"Tyrod has Sammy and Boldin! He's gonna' be throwing for 400 yards every week!"

Then Sammy was traded.

Shocked everyone.

The other day, Boldin retired because he wanted to do work on the division in the country.

"Dude, he figured that he had a better shot at solving racism than getting the Bills into the playoffs."

My kids weren't amused.

And the season hasn't even started yet.

Most of Western New York has already given up.

It's not even going to be fun to make fun of them.

But you know what drives me crazy about football?

It's that whenever you hear someone getting interviewed about it this is what it sounds like:

"I was talking to my football team the other day about what it means to be a football player and taking the football field. It's an honor to be a football player, and to be able to compete during a football game and over a full football season."

And God help you if the conversation gets around to the league!

No one says, "NFL" it's always "The National Football League."

Of course, I think the league is going to have an explosion anyway.

Player after player is now kneeling through the anthem.

Perhaps Boldin can solve that particular problem because if there's one thing I know:

"When a football player kneels on the football field before the football has been kicked off then the football coaches and the football owners are gonna' be mad at the football players."

Oh.

One other thing I know:

The Bills might not make the playoffs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty