Summer, Summer, Summer

That's more like it.

The sun feels good and I enjoy going to the jobs on hot days, but it's kind of been a little funky so far this week.

My legs feel like they weigh 400 pounds apiece, and I certainly didn't play much softball...swung the bat 4 times, didn't pick up a glove, and as it turned out didn't even have to ump any games, so I sat on the bleachers and watched mostly.

The young kids played game after game and actually played basketball in between games.

"How you feel?" I asked my 17-year-old son on Monday.

"Fine. Why?" He asked.

We should have at least another 30-60 days of good weather left here in Western New York.

The other weird part about this summer is that there seems to be a fight a day on the National stage. It dawned on me that there's a threat of a civil war because of statues of the last civil war.

Are you kidding me???

And there's been a week of debate about whether or not Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists should be condemned.

Should be that difficult to say:

"How about we respect other people and their different views?"

Guess we can't do that.

A lot of this is pure nonsense...

...and people are dying!

Can't we just enjoy the summer?

Baseball, camping, meeting friends, family.

Laugh a little.

Stop the other stupid shit!

Is that idealistic or naive?

I've tried hard to avoid the news.

Way too much nastiness!

The sun is shining!!

I'm gonna' be able to get some semblance of walk ability back by the weekend...

...I swear I'm not gonna' spend even a minute thinking about hate groups and the such.

Hopefully the president goes golfing all weekend...

...and leaves his phone in his locker.

We can all use the break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie