Trade Deadline

The Yankees haven't been playing great.

Yet, I'm still very invested again this year, and here we are at the trade deadline.

Exciting stuff for baseball fans.

Do you trade the promise of the kids for the experience of the guys who've been there before?

It's a balancing act.

The Yankees have a reputation for trading their youngsters, but that's simply not true. They have not dealt anyone who might've made a difference since they sent Jay Buhner to a Seattle for Ken Phelps in the late 80's.

Don't believe me?

Think of someone else they dealt who turned into a great player.

I'll give you all the time you want!

It is the youngsters who will eventually be on the field when the Yankees hoist the trophy 🏆 for the 28th time.

Yet, this is about the deadline.

I live for the rumors and the movement.

The season is like a soap opera...

...one game leads to the next.

"Why not leave Betances in????"

 Someone will scream on social media.

Because of tomorrow!

There's always tomorrow!!

Day after day.

I read about all the rumors. I think back to years gone past when the deadline pickups made a huge difference.

Cecil Fielder in '96.

David Justice in '00.

Hell, they even got Canseco in August but only because they were blocking him from going to Boston.

It's a chess game with millionaires.

The Yankees already made a deal to pick up Todd Frazier and others.

I went to sleep before the trade was official on Tuesday night. I woke up in the middle of the night, as I often do, and while I was in the bathroom, Sam called up to me.

"The Yankees got Frazier!" He called out.

Looks like we have another guy enamored with the deadline deals!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie