Knee High By the 4th of July

The corn is supposed to be knee-high by the 4th of July. I passed a cornfield...

...we seem to be on target.

Yet everyone is camping!

We don't camp.

My beautiful wife's philosophy on it is:

"We bought a house. Why the hell do we wanna' go somewhere smaller, sleep in a lousy bed, use a tiny bathroom and sit outside around a fire?"

I don't have an answer to that!

My own bed will be a lot more restful for the days off. Yet there's the whole getting away and in touch with nature...

...that might be fun...

But it was about 45 degrees last night!

And the damn rain. They're saying it might rain all weekend.

But the rough go is that any and all of my golf partners are ⛺️ in a damn tent!

So, Camp Clifford is open for business, at least at the start of the weekend. Perhaps we will break out of the bubble as the weekend progresses, but first off, we are waiting for:

Johnny, and we stopped out to North Collins to wish my beautiful cousin, Mary Ann, a surprise Happy 🎉 Birthday.

Of course, Johnny will arrive to great fanfare and I'm sure that there will be a couple of late nights right off the bat.

But it's  Independence Day!

Have some fun!

May your fires start quickly, may the tent posts go into the ground smoothly, and keep the beer cold and the barbecue warm.

We're gonna' relax...

...and see what shakes out.

If anyone sees the ☀️

Send it to Western New York!

The campers need it!

And if the legs work...

...a lone golfer might.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie