Lawless

Stories like the one out of Pennsylvania this week simply astound me.

Four young men were reported missing and where they were found wasn't good. Two other young men had shot them and buried them in deep graves.

Horrible.

In Buffalo over the weekend there were two hit and run accidents.

Think of hitting someone and then just leaving!

I hit a groundhog one day and had to pull over because I was feeling weepy.

It seems that there is little respect for life these days, and it's hard to dwell on it because millions of people did NOT kill someone over the weekend.

I read a story the other day that said that violent crimes have been going down in numbers for the last thirty years or so.

Doesn't seem that way, does it?

But I suppose it's because we hear so much about every little thing now. Something bad happens and we get it as an alert on our phone.

That didn't happen years ago.

Then the story is repeated over and over. You see it on Facebook and Twitter. Then it leads the national news and two months from now it'll be on 48 Hours or Dateline.

Sold as entertainment.

And I can't say too much because my beautiful wife is the largest consumer. She watches ID tv as her go-to source of television.

"All right!" I'll say. "Can we maybe watch something that might make us laugh?"

But I'm right there most of the time.

Yet, every once in awhile, I'll actually consider the lives lost.

Those poor kids ran into pure evil...

...lost their lives.

Think of their families...their hopes and dreams.

Snuffed out like a groundhog on a country road.

Just awful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie