Fighting Lawyers

Who's side are you on?

Cellino?

Or

Barnes?

Seems that the two lawyers who put that call 888-8888 jingle in your head forever are now heading for a court battle with each other.

I'm kind of enjoying it.

I'm not a grand fan of lawyers.

I get their whole deal, but it's a game to them and a lot of times people's lives are greatly affected by their word charades.

I've had more than a few encounters with lawyers because I have to, given that I work in a field where lawyers sometimes poke their noses in.

One simple afternoon, years ago, has become imbedded on my conscience. The lawyer was arguing a point that was an absolute stretch.

In fact, she knew it was out and out lie...

...but she clung to that flimsy lie...

...and told it over and over again until the judge slapped her down. As I was walking out of the hearing room I kept thinking:

"She KNEW it was a lie."

So, it's hard to respect everything about that profession...

...but the law, on the other hand, has always been infinitely interesting to me. I loved taking Criminal Law classes and trying to figure out who was right and who was wrong.

But, back to Cellino & Barnes.

Anyone growing up in Western New York can sing the jingle.

They have commercials on every three minutes.

They seem like decent guys.

They made a ton of money.

But deep down, their fight is bringing me a small degree of satisfaction...

...just 'cause they're lawyers.

Nobody really loves them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie