Going For It

The 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports is going for it!

100 games in and the trade deadline this afternoon and the Yankees have made two deals already with one more on the horizon.

If they get Sonny Gray they will have addressed the weaknesses that Pops and I identified just a couple of weeks ago.

So, it should be fun!

The kids are exciting.

Judge has been a monster all year, and Clint Frazier is fun to watch. He has a really quick swing...

...runs fast.

And that's what's exciting.

The old guys never went first to third.

They don't look tired.

On Sunday morning the Buffalo News published a story of the 1985 team that won 97 games and finished a game short of winning the AL East.

I was 20 and recall being gathered around a radio as the Yanks played the Jays.

They lost game 161 to be eliminated and my college buddies jumped all over me.

And that's what might happen if this young team falls short...

...but it's already been an amazing success.

Don't get me wrong:

I want #28 in October, but if it doesn't happen...

(Astros and Dodgers look strong)

...I'll be good!

The youngsters have arrived!

A couple of years early!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie