Friday, July 7, 2017

An Ambitious Camper!

One of the things that's driven me absolutely nuts is that one side of my garage (the weather side, I'm told) was in great need of a coat of paint.

When Johnny arrived last week he said:

"Want me to paint your garage?"

"Yes!" I answered.

Yet, he's here for R&R...

...so I let it slide.

Or so I thought!

My own sons are very unlike me.

They're very casual. A bit leisurely.

Matt is the exception, as he will work hard at any job he's given and like me, he's obsessive.

Turns out, Johnny is too. I was hitting jobs on Thursday when he face-timed me. (It's never just a phone call with him. He wants to see who he's talking to).

"What's up?" I asked.

"Did you get the paint?"

He showed me that he had already started to scrap the garage.

"I'll get it," I said.

"Today!" He said. Then he hung up.m

I swung by Home Depot.

I dropped off the paint and then started writing reports. By the time I finished I moseyed down to the garage.

He had already scraped and painted a quarter of the garage.

I sat in a chair and scraped along with him.

"You know," I said. "Your Dad was the last guy to paint anything here."

"Really?"

"He painted the walls in the basement."

I hung with him for a little while and said:

"Let's just do the bottom half tonight. We can get the rest over the weekend."

I went off to make dinner and when I looked outside he had already started to scrap the other half.

"Thought you were done," I yelled out the window.

"Work until dinner is ready," he said.

Damn!

There would be a lot done around here if any of the other campers had the obsessive gene!

No comments:

Week In Review

Spicy 🌶 out!! How can we not be disappointed? I'm thinking that SNL will get one more episode out of it. They have to do something ...