An Ambitious Camper!

One of the things that's driven me absolutely nuts is that one side of my garage (the weather side, I'm told) was in great need of a coat of paint.

When Johnny arrived last week he said:

"Want me to paint your garage?"

"Yes!" I answered.

Yet, he's here for R&R...

...so I let it slide.

Or so I thought!

My own sons are very unlike me.

They're very casual. A bit leisurely.

Matt is the exception, as he will work hard at any job he's given and like me, he's obsessive.

Turns out, Johnny is too. I was hitting jobs on Thursday when he face-timed me. (It's never just a phone call with him. He wants to see who he's talking to).

"What's up?" I asked.

"Did you get the paint?"

He showed me that he had already started to scrap the garage.

"I'll get it," I said.

"Today!" He said. Then he hung up.m

I swung by Home Depot.

I dropped off the paint and then started writing reports. By the time I finished I moseyed down to the garage.

He had already scraped and painted a quarter of the garage.

I sat in a chair and scraped along with him.

"You know," I said. "Your Dad was the last guy to paint anything here."

"Really?"

"He painted the walls in the basement."

I hung with him for a little while and said:

"Let's just do the bottom half tonight. We can get the rest over the weekend."

I went off to make dinner and when I looked outside he had already started to scrap the other half.

"Thought you were done," I yelled out the window.

"Work until dinner is ready," he said.

Damn!

There would be a lot done around here if any of the other campers had the obsessive gene!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie