Fashions by Cliff

Had a nice long wait at the gate at Logan Airport.

It's always fun to people watch.

As I am prone to do I got to thinking a little bit about fashion and how well people do or don't dress for travel.

I thought of this because a guy got off his flight all decked out in a suit and tie. He had it all. A tie clip, a snappy scarf.

Looked like a million bucks.

"Dope," I thought.

Now all the people who know me understand that I am a very snappy dresser. I'm certainly up on all the new trends and I take great pride in ensuring that there's not a hair out of place.

Right?

I can't hear you!

Right???

Okay.

I'm a horrendous dresser. I take zero pride in how I might look.

I'm about comfort.

I don't even see the mustard stains until someone mentions them. I haven't slipped a tie over my neck in years. I still, at 52 years old, have no idea how to actually tie a tie. I'm thinking I'll make it to the coffin without ever acquiring that skill.

And no one better put me in there with a tie on.

A Yankee shirt is fine.

I find that people are actually following my lead too.

Most folks are wearing comfy clothes.

There are a lot of people in yoga pants, for instance.

Some people belong in yoga pants.

Some don't.

I know where to draw the line...

...those pants seem comfy.

But I won't pull a pair on anytime soon.

I don't care what people think about my appearance, but I don't need them pointing and laughing either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie